MSET (Mechanical Science and Engineering Team) is a nineteen year old club at Saratoga High School located in Saratoga, CA. This team is a student community whose goal is to invent with integrity, kindness, respect, creativity, inspiration, teamwork, fun, and trial and error. We work cooperatively with faculty, mentors, and the industry to better understand and develop our interest in the science of engineering. We offer a variety of different programs to allow members to flourish in any area they feel particularly inclined towards.
FIRST Robotics Competition
- Larger team size.
- Short and intense build period of 6-weeks. No bot modifications allowed at end of build period.
- Bots are larger, requiring more complex mechanisms and custom parts to compete on a higher level.
- Season is January through April.
- Participation Requirements: significantly more hours per week than FTC. Typically expect hundreds of hours especially during 6-wk build period.
- Recommended that students have prior FTC experience.
FIRST Tech Challenge
- Smaller team size with limit of 15 students per team.
- 10-week build period to complete robot but allowed to make modifications up to and during competition.
- Bots are smaller and built mainly from Tetrix parts.
- Season is September through April.
- Participation Requirements: 8 hours per week during regular week; 16 hours per week for two weeks prior to each tournament.
- Recommended for incoming Freshman or if no prior experience.
MSETFRCFTC Student Leads
Co-President & FRC Lead
Co-President & FTC Lead
Cuttlefish Hardware Lead
Cuttlefish Software Lead
Cuttlefish Management Lead
Jellyfish Hardware Lead
Jellyfish Software Lead
Jellyfish Management Lead
Bettafish Hardware Lead
Bettafish Software Lead
Bettafish Management Lead